Summer is here - are your "toys" protected?
September 26, 2022
As the weather gets warmer, people everywhere are bringing out their favorite summer "toys," including recreational vehicles (RVs), boats, motorcycles, and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs).
Unfortunately, you cannot assume that your part-time vehicles are properly insured under an existing car and/or home insurance policy. And rather than simply dumping those sizable investments onto another policy, it's best to look at the policies designed specifically for each policy.
Motorhome insurance coverage such as caravans, motorhomes, fifth wheels and truck campers offers protection that ordinary auto insurance does not. Here are some reasons why you should consider RV insurance in addition to your car insurance:
- Roadside assistance: Even if your auto policy covers some roadside expenses, it may not cover towing that big, heavy RV, leaving you footing the bill.
- Financial Protection: Insurers that offer RV insurance often have claims adjusters who know how to look for RV-specific claims, including special RV parts like awnings, retractable stairs, and appliances.
- Personal Property Protection: Your "home away from home" probably houses things you wouldn't keep in your car, such as: B. camcorders, laptops and jewelry, which may not be covered by a car policy.
- Protect your investment: Motorhomes are expensive! It is best to carry "full replacement cost coverage" to ensure full payment if the vehicle is beyond repair, rather than a refund based on current market value.
Don't assume your brand new boat is covered by your homeowners policy. A boat is in every sense a moving vehicle. Therefore, you need coverage similar to a car policy, including protection for:
- Mayhem your boat inflicts on others.
- property damage Your boat adds to docks and other boats.
- physical damage to your boat if you hit something or run aground.
You should also consider comprehensive coverage against theft, vandalism, fire and flood; Personal belongings cover for fishing gear and other items; uninsured boater insurance (like uninsured motorist insurance) and even "boat assistance" if you need towing.
Motorcycle insurance is essential – and like car insurance, the price can vary depending on the type of bike you ride. In other words, insuring a high-performance sports bike will usually cost more than insuring a lower-performance bike, scooter, or moped.
The components of a comprehensive motorcycle policy are also similar to car insurance, including collision insurance (to cover damage to your bike as a result of an accident), collision damage waiver, liability insurance for personal injury, liability insurance for property damage, uninsured motorist insurance, and roadside assistance.
auto insurance near me
#Summer #toys #protected